Hedgeways - Period cottage in a sylvan setting near Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
This attractive, semi-detached period cottage is in a wonderful setting in the village of Middleton, near Sudbury.
This attractive home has been meticulously maintained and extended.
The quiet village is on the western side of the river Stour in a very sheltered and elevated location.
The village is in partly wooded countryside with an extensive network of footpaths for those who want to explore, and yet is only two miles from Sudbury.
Middleton is on a `no through road’ and Hedgeways is the last property on The Street, before it turns into a byway.
This home is surrounded by mature trees and an attractive garden, and an extra area of raised ground, adjoining the nearby sandpit, is a haven for wildlife.
At this time of the year the loudest noise is birdsong.
- 1 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 2 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
- 3 A14 westbound closed after car catches fire
- 4 Rogue trader in white van visits homes in west Suffolk
- 5 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 6 Ipswich Town appoint new Academy Manager
- 7 Project to keep Suffolk pub 'protected for years' turned down
- 8 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 9 'Eyesore' Suffolk seafront hotel for sale for £2million
- 10 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
The orginal cottage has been carefully extended with attractive accommodation throughout, with excellent room heights approaching 8ft.
On the groud floor is a dining room and a large sitting room with a brick fireplace and exposed chimney breast with a multi-fuel stove.
The kitchen adjoins the dining room and is equipped with a two oven eletric Aga and a good range of fitted units.
The kitchen opens onto a large area at the rear which acts as a breakfast room, a well equipped utility room, cloakroom and a double glazed conservatory overlooking the garden.
On the first floor are three bedrooms and a large family bathroom.
The garden is a real feature of this property and to the south of the house with a paved terrace and shingle area, by the house, opening on to a large sweep of lawn surrounded by shrubberies and flower beds.