Hedgeways - Period cottage in a sylvan setting near Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
This attractive, semi-detached period cottage is in a wonderful setting in the village of Middleton, near Sudbury.
This attractive home has been meticulously maintained and extended.
The quiet village is on the western side of the river Stour in a very sheltered and elevated location.
The village is in partly wooded countryside with an extensive network of footpaths for those who want to explore, and yet is only two miles from Sudbury.
Middleton is on a `no through road’ and Hedgeways is the last property on The Street, before it turns into a byway.
You may also want to watch:
This home is surrounded by mature trees and an attractive garden, and an extra area of raised ground, adjoining the nearby sandpit, is a haven for wildlife.
At this time of the year the loudest noise is birdsong.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 8 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 9 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
The orginal cottage has been carefully extended with attractive accommodation throughout, with excellent room heights approaching 8ft.
On the groud floor is a dining room and a large sitting room with a brick fireplace and exposed chimney breast with a multi-fuel stove.
The kitchen adjoins the dining room and is equipped with a two oven eletric Aga and a good range of fitted units.
The kitchen opens onto a large area at the rear which acts as a breakfast room, a well equipped utility room, cloakroom and a double glazed conservatory overlooking the garden.
On the first floor are three bedrooms and a large family bathroom.
The garden is a real feature of this property and to the south of the house with a paved terrace and shingle area, by the house, opening on to a large sweep of lawn surrounded by shrubberies and flower beds.