Helmingham Hall brings thousands of motor enthusiasts to car show
- Credit: SAM DAWES
Sports car enthusiasts flocked to Helmingham Hall on Sunday for the annual Festival of Classic and Sports Cars.
More than 1,000 vehicles representing a century of motoring were on show at the iconic country house - with special runs up the main drive so fans could see and hear them in action.
The event raises thousands of pounds every year for East Anglia's Children's Hospices and this year perfect weather ensured thousands of people turned up for the event.
One of the delights of the show is that alongside dream cars like the Aston Martin DB5 there are also some everyday vehicles from the past that have been lovingly cared-for or restored.
As well as the cars, there were also falconry displays and dance exhibitions to keep visitors entertained during the day.
You may also want to watch:
But it was the cars that were the stars for their owners and the visitors who turned out to enjoy a trip to petrolhead heaven.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 3 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 6 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 7 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 8 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight