Lorry collides with broken down Transit van on A11 near Barton Mills
- Credit: Archant
Motorists suffered delays after a lorry was in collision with a broken down vehicle on the A11 near Barton Mills today.
The incident caused one lane of the major road to be closed for several hours, causing traffic congestion in the area.
Police were called around 9.05am following reports of a broken down Ford Transit van in lane one of the A11 northbound, just over a mile away from the Fiveways roundabout.
The collision took place while the van was stationary in lane one. Police said the driver of the Transit van was not in the vehicle at the time.
The driver of the lorry is believed to have suffered minor injuries in the accident.
You may also want to watch:
One lane was closed to traffic for more than three hours as officers awaited recovery for the stranded vehicle.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said the incident was cleared at 12.22pm.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 8 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside