High Sheriff to honour Mid Suffolk Light Railway’s services to heritage
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk heritage railway line is to be recognised for its services at a special ceremony next week.
The High Sheriff of Suffolk, Geoffrey Probert will visit the Mid Suffolk Light Railway (MSLR) on Wednesday, November 22, to present a certificate for its contribution to the county’s heritage.
Mr Probert and his wife will be invited to take a look around the working museum, ride a train and “get the full Middy experience”.
“Needless to say we are delighted by this recognition”, said MSLR chairman John Stark.
“We have been working particularly hard recently to improve the visitor experience to the railway and raise our profile. This year we have appeared on BBC2’s Great Railway Journeys, received planning permission to more than double our track length and formally opened our new Lottery funded Loco Restoration Shed so, dare I say it, we think the Middy is going places – and deserves to be recognised as one of the key tourist attractions in Suffolk.”
You may also want to watch:
The next public events are the Santa Specials in December and steam trains running on New Year’s Day.
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 2 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 5 Matchday Live: Celina starts as Cook makes five changes
- 6 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 9 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 10 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy