High tech fitness centre unveiled at Bury St Edmunds Rugby Club
- Credit: Archant
A state-of-the-art fitness development centre has been unveiled at Bury St Edmunds Rugby Club.
The purpose built facility at the club’s Haberden site was opened by St Edmundsbury mayor Patrick Chung.
Divided into two sections, the centre has a free floor space for group indoor fitness and skills training work, ideal for younger club members.
It also has as gym with high tech free weights, suitable for the club’s 16-18-year-old academy players and pro-am senior squad.
Club chairman Michael Robinson said: “This is an outstanding facility for our members to use, demonstrating the club’s commitment to its long term development and that of its players, from youth to senior squads.
You may also want to watch:
“We are proud of the club’s achievements in recent years and are ambitious for further success, but we know it takes hard work and focus.
“The new fitness development centre will provide the space and equipment to help make that happen.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 6 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
The facility has been part funded by sponsors, by the club itself and by funds raised in 2014 from the Paris to Bury Memorial Bike Ride.
Mr Robinson added: “We would like to again thank those who took part in the bike ride and of course our loyal sponsors, many of whom have been on this journey of growth with the club for many years and have been instrumental in helping to fund and build this facility.”