Highlights of a Southwold summer
THE 20th anniversary season of Southwold Summer Theatre will open later this year with the Richard Harris comedy Stepping Out.Other highlights during the season of plays held at St Edmund's Hall, Southwold, from July to September include Blithe Spirit by Noel Coward and the thriller Edge of Darkness by Brian Clemens.
THE 20th anniversary season of Southwold Summer Theatre will open later this year with the Richard Harris comedy Stepping Out.
Other highlights during the season of plays held at St Edmund's Hall, Southwold, from July to September include Blithe Spirit by Noel Coward and the thriller Edge of Darkness by Brian Clemens.
Jill Freud and Company will also be performing Neville's Island by Tim Firth and Dry Rot by John Chapman in what promises to be an exciting season.
As in recent years the plays will also be performed at the Jubilee Hall, Aldeburgh, bringing professional seaside theatre to both towns.
You may also want to watch:
On April 9 the company will be celebrating 20 years of live theatre in Southwold with the launch of a 44-page booklet containing a host of photographs and memories of actors and staff, past and present.
The booklet, which will be on sale in many outlets in Southwold and Aldeburgh, costs £2 and all proceeds are being put towards the £20,000 target to provide new seating for St Edmund's Hall for this coming season.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 8 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 9 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 10 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
The launch party will be held in the Garden Gallery at The Residence at Sutherland House Restaurant in Southwold.
Invited guests include Jane Asher, Gerald Scarfe, Baroness PD James, Gryff Rhys-Jones, Libby Purves and Paul Heiney.
Robin Fournel, owner of the Amber Shop and Museum in Southwold, and Chadds Department Store in Lowestoft are helping to sponsor the launch party.
The summer season also includes popular children's theatre shows held at St Edmunds's Hall.