Investigations under way into ‘unexplained’ death of man in Essex
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating the death of a 58-year-old man found at a property in Jaywick.
Officers say the man's death is "unexplained" at the current time.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "We were called by the ambulance service shortly after 12.40pm on Friday 12 July with reports a 58-year-old man had been found dead at an address in Hillman Avenue.
"We are investigating the circumstances surrounding his death, which is being treated as unexplained."
A 44-year-old woman from Clacton was arrested on suspicion of assault, following reports the man may have been assaulted the previous day.
You may also want to watch:
She remains in custody for questioning.
Witnesses and anyone with information are asked to call Clacton police station on 101.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 4 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 5 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 6 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 7 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 10 Rail services affected after person hit by train