Road closed after two-car collision
- Credit: Archant
A rural route has been closed by police after two cars crashed just outside of Ipswich.
Part of the A1071 heading east into Hintlesham is currently closed by police after a Ford Focus and Mini Cooper collided.
The incident happened on a particularly difficult stretch of the road with several sharp bends.
Police were called to reports of the collision at just before 11.05am and have attended the scene along with an ambulance.
Three fire engines were called from Ipswich East, Princes Street and Hadleigh and two attended.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Sufflk police said: "Both of the people involved in the crash are being attended to by the ambulance crew and their injuries are minor.
"Diversions have been put in place whilst the road remains closed."
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 3 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 4 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 9 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
Recovery has been called for both of the vehicles.