Driver taken to hospital after BMW ploughs into tree
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A motorist has been taken to hospital after a BMW ploughed into a tree on the B1080 at Holbrook, outside of Ipswich.
Officers were called to the scene near the Royal Hospital School at 7.20am on Friday, Suffolk police said.
Three fire crews from Ipswich East, Princes Street and Holbrook stations also attended the incident.
The road was closed by police as the driver, who had become trapped in the vehicle, was removed.
An air ambulance landed at the nearby school, but the motorist's injuries were not deemed to be life-threatening or life-changing.
You may also want to watch:
The driver was taken to hospital by land ambulance.
Police reopened the road at 10.15am after the vehicle was recovered.
- 1 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 8 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 9 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 10 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson