Holbrook/Suffolk: Farmer offers £1,000 reward after animal feed is ruined
- Credit: Archant
A FARMER is offering a £1,000 reward for the conviction of the people who ripped open 90 stacks of animal feed in his field, costing him thousands of pounds.
Police are investigating after Gordon Davies-Morris, 74, farmer at Holbrook Gardens, Holbrook, reported the incident yesterday morning.
Mr Davies-Morris believes knives were used to slash open nearly 90 double-wrapped plastic bales of cattle feed – used for sheep, cows and horses – on Sunday.
He estimates each bale is worth between £30-40, meaning he has lost between £2,500 and £3,500 as the animal feed will go bad within a fortnight.
Mr Davies-Morris said: “We are going to put up posters throughout the village offering a reward of £1,000 for the conviction of the people who did it.
You may also want to watch:
“It has cost me thousands. They have taken a knife and ripped them open. I don’t know why anyone would want to do it. It is very frustrating.”
It is the second time in three months his Holbrook farm has been targeted. Between 25 and 30 bales of cattle feed were ripped open last November, costing him around £1,000, he said.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
Mr Davies-Morris added: “I will try to sell some off but we will only be able to salvage around eight or 10 bales this time, because they will go bad within 10-14 days.”
Police have urged anyone with any information to contact them on 101.