Holiday home goes up in flames
FIREFIGHTERS have tackled a house fire near Aldeburgh today.
The blaze broke out in the house, used as a holiday home, in Kiln Lane, Benhall at around 2pm.
Two crews from Aldeburgh and Woodbridge were called to the incident and a further two crews were called as concerns were raised about the possibility of people inside the property.
The single storey building, measuring 25 metres by ten metres, was discovered heavily smoke logged.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said everyone was accounted for at the scene and the house was found to be unoccupied.
You may also want to watch:
The incident was under control by 2.50pm.
A fire investigation team are currently at the scene working to establish the cause of the blaze.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 6 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
Firefighters are assessing the extent of the fire and are ventilating the property.