Holland on Sea: Efit of man involved in street robbery
- Credit: Archant
AN efit of a man detectives want to identify in connection with a street robbery in north-east Essex has been released.
The attack happened in Holland-on-Sea when an 18-year-old Clacton man was walking along the lower promenade off Kings Parade shortly after 9pm on Monday, August 12.
A man jumped out from a beach hut close to Kingscliff Hotel and hit the 18-year-old on the head with an unknown object, causing him to fall on the floor. He was then punched in the face.
A tussle then ensued, during which the victim had his mobile phone stolen. He fought back and hit his attacker in the face, recovered the phone and ran away leaving his assailant on the floor.
Investigating officer, Ds Tim Coyles, said: “This man stood up to his attacker and fought him off, leaving him with some facial injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“Not only would we urge people to look at the efit and give us a name, but we would also like people to cast their minds back to last Monday night and Tuesday morning and recall whether they saw a housemate, sibling, partner or son return home with a bruised or cut face.
“The efit is excellent, as is the description, so we are confident someone knows him.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
The man in the efit is described as being of mixed heritage, in his early 20s and of skinny build. He is around 5ft 10ins tall and has a pencil beard and moustache.
The victim sustained a cut to his head, but did not require any professional medical treatment.
An unsuccessful search of the area was carried out with the police helicopter. Anyone with information in connection with the robbery is asked to call Clacton police station on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.