Hollesley Bay: Police appeal for help to trace prisoner on the run
A PRISONER has absconded from Hollesley Bay, police have said.
Officers are appealing for help to trace Felix Rooney after he failed to turn up for the 5.30pm roll call yesterday.
Suffolk police were alerted to his disappearance at 6.20pm.
A spokesman for the force said Rooney had been present at the prison’s 3pm roll call.
The 21-year-old was serving a sentence for burglary and has links to the Huntingdon area in Cambridgeshire and Market Harborough in Leicestershire.
When he was last seen he was wearing tracksuit trousers and a black jacket.
If anyone sees Rooney they should phone the police with the details. They should not approach him or take any further action.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
- 10 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
Anyone who may have seen him, or who may have information about where he is now, should call Suffolk Police on 101 or contact their nearest police station.