Hollesley: Inmate absconds from prison
POLICE are renewing their appeal for help in tracing a prisoner who absconded from a Suffolk jail over the weekend.
Wayne Ward, who was serving a 42-month sentence at Hollesley Bay for burglary, left the prison between 11pm on Saturday and 8am yesterday morning.
Officers have now issued a photograph of the 41-year-old.
Ward is described as white, 5ft 11ins tall, of slight build, with blue eyes and short, cropped brown hair. He has a two-inch scar on his left wrist.
He has connections to the Southend area of Essex.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who may have seen him, or who may have information about where he is now, should call Suffolk Police on 01473 613500 or contact their nearest police station.
They should not approach him or take any further action.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!