Home burgled twice in two days in Witham in spate of break-ins
One victim was targeted twice when three homes were burgled in mid-Essex this week.
A patio door was smashed at a house in Highfields, Witham, between 1-4pm yesterday but nothing was stolen.
Burglars returned at 5.30am this morning, removing a wooden board covering the door and disturbing items and stealing a flat-screen television from a victim aged in her 80s.
A break-in also took place in Boydin Close in the town between 3.30-7pm yesterday with nothing stolen. It is believed burglars entered through a front door and left via a back patio door and through the garden into a nearby alleyway.
A jewellery box was taken from a home in Braxted Park Road, Great Braxted, between 6am on Tuesday and 7pm yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives do not yet know if the burglaries are linked but have not ruled it out.
Detective sergeant Becky Young, of Braintree CID, said: “To be burgled just once is harrowing enough, so for one of the victims to be targeted twice has been very distressing for her and we are determined to catch those responsible.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
Anyone with information should call Braintree CID on 101.