Homeless family accommodation being built in Braintree
- Credit: Archant
Work has begun on new short-term accommodation for homeless families in Braintree.
Digby’s Court, in Rayne Road, will provide 20 flats for people being supported by Braintree District Council.
Family Mosaic will own and manage the scheme once it is completed, with the homes set to open in September 2016.
Funding for the project has been provided by Family Mosaic, the Homes and Communities Agency, and the district council.
Lady Newton, district councillor for housing, said: “People may find themselves without a home for a wide variety of reasons, and the council’s Housing Options Service will offer advice to anyone in this situation.
You may also want to watch:
“In some circumstances the council has the responsibility, as part of its legal homelessness duties, to find temporary accommodation whilst it fully assesses an applicant’s housing situation.
“Digby’s Court will be a valuable addition to the range of housing that the council uses to offer help to people seeking accommodation.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 5 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 6 Woman's body found in village home
- 8 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 9 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 10 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
Moira Griffiths, group care and support director at Family Mosaic, added: “Family Mosaic has been providing care and support services in the Braintree area for more than 15 years.
“We are delighted to work in partnership with Braintree District Council to build this scheme which will provide accommodation with support to people who need short-term assistance in finding permanent accommodation.
“We will have trained staff on site to provide ongoing support.”