Homeless man stabbed while he slept on bench
A HOMELESS man is in hospital today after he was stabbed while he slept on a bench in Ipswich in the early hours of the morning.
The 33-year-old made an emergency call to the ambulance service from a pay phone, reporting he had been “attacked and stabbed” as he slept on a bench outside Aldi in Meredith Road at around 3.20am.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said the man had “knife injuries” to his head and eye but was conscious and breathing.
Paramedics took the man to Ipswich Hospital for further treatment.
A Suffolk police spokesman said they are not looking for anyone in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, earlier today at around 2.10am, paramedics were called after a fight broke out between two women in Carr Street, Ipswich.
One of the women suffered head injuries and both were taken to Ipswich Hospital.
- 1 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week