Homes evacuated after fire from gas main in Bardwell
- Credit: Archant
Two homes had to be evacuated in the early hours of this morning after a fire started in a residential gas main in Bardwell.
One fire crew from Ixworth and another from Bury St Edmunds were called to the scene of the blaze in Low Street just before 12.30am.
On arrival, crews requested the attendance of National Grid Gas as the fire was found to be coming from a gas main which needed to be isolated. The fire could not be extinguished until this had happened.
The fire had been brought under control and extinguished by 2.50am.
One house was damaged in the fire.
You may also want to watch:
At the last update provided by Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service, at around 3.30am, the Ixworth crew remained at the scene.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house