Homes evacuated after gas box leak
Residents in a Suffolk village have been evacuated following a gas box leak at a property.
Firefighters were called to a home in Forest Road in Onehouse at 7.52pm this evening.
One fire engine from Stowmarket attended and on arrival crews discovered that a mains gas box has been dislodged and was leaking in the private drive of a bungalow.
As a result of the incident Main Road was closed to traffic and a number of residents were evacuated from their homes.
A 100 metre cordon was also put up as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Suffolk Fire Service said: “Crews used one foam branch and one dry powder extinguisher to deal with the incident.
“All residents were evacuated beyond a 100 metre cordon. An engineer from Transco is also attendance.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
More to follow.