Honington: Woman, 22, rebailed after fatal stabbing in Poplar Close
A 22-year-old woman arrested after a man died of a single stab wound to the heart has been rebailed.
The woman from the Bury St Edmunds area was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after Leslie Metcalfe, 23, was found collapsed outside a property in Poplar Close in Honington.
Police officers discovered Mr Metcalfe after receiving reports of screaming around 1.50am last Wednesday.
Mr Metcalfe man had stab wounds and was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds in a critical condition.
He was later transferred to Papworth Hospital in Cambridgeshire where he died on Thursday evening.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination found he died as a result of a single stab wound to the heart.
The 22-year-old woman, who has not been named by police, was bailed to appear at Bury St Edmunds Police Station today.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 10 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
She was rebailed to return to the police station on April 7.