Summer weather to return this week - after a few thundery showers
- Credit: Archant
The hot summer weather is set to return this week - but prepare for a few thundery showers this morning.
After a weekend of rain and downpours, the mercury is set to rise as the weather settles throughout the week.
Phil Garner, forecaster at Weatherquest, said; “It’s a fairly settled start to the day.
“We have some thundery rain coming in from the west but we expect it to clear from 9am today (Tuesday).
“From then on it will be fine and dry with sunshine coming through.
“Inland we will see temperatures of around 24C (75.2F), at the coast it will be around 21C (69.8F).”
Mr Garner said that the weather should settle as the week progresses.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 7 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 8 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
“High pressure should keep us dry throughout the week,” he said.
“There will be patchy cloud and sunny spells.
“By Thursday and Friday we are looking at highest temperatures of around 28-29C (82.4-84.2F) and this will continue through the weekend.”