Summer weather to return this week - after a few thundery showers
- Credit: Archant
The hot summer weather is set to return this week - but prepare for a few thundery showers this morning.
After a weekend of rain and downpours, the mercury is set to rise as the weather settles throughout the week.
Phil Garner, forecaster at Weatherquest, said; “It’s a fairly settled start to the day.
“We have some thundery rain coming in from the west but we expect it to clear from 9am today (Tuesday).
“From then on it will be fine and dry with sunshine coming through.
You may also want to watch:
“Inland we will see temperatures of around 24C (75.2F), at the coast it will be around 21C (69.8F).”
Mr Garner said that the weather should settle as the week progresses.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 4 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 5 A12 closed following serious collision
- 6 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 7 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 8 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
- 9 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 10 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
“High pressure should keep us dry throughout the week,” he said.
“There will be patchy cloud and sunny spells.
“By Thursday and Friday we are looking at highest temperatures of around 28-29C (82.4-84.2F) and this will continue through the weekend.”