Hotel car parking prang
A WOMAN accidentally drove her car into the front of a Colchester hotel when she was trying to park it.The 48-year-old from Colchester was trying to park her Ford Escort in High Street when it moved forward and hit the front door of the George Hotel.
A WOMAN accidentally drove her car into the front of a Colchester hotel when she was trying to park it.
The 48-year-old from Colchester was trying to park her Ford Escort in High Street when it moved forward and hit the front door of the George Hotel.
A spokesman for Stanway Traffic Police said the woman had stalled the engine and tried starting it when it surged forward at 5.10pm on Saturday.
A spokeswoman for the George Hotel said there had been no structural damage and the hotel was open as normal.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "It is just aesthetic damage. One of the poles by the front door has smashed.
"She was trying to park the car outside when it jumped, went across the sidewalk and into the pole.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 9 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
"Someone was pushing the back of the car to try and help her park.
"The lady was alright. She wasn't hurt, she was just frightened."