Hotel fracas: Five bailed
FIVE men have been released on bail by police after a man was left with a fractured cheekbone following an incident at a wedding reception.
The 36-year-old victim, who also needed four stitches in a cut to the top of his head, was hurt after celebrations at the Ufford Park Hotel, in Melton, near Woodbridge.
Police made four arrests early Saturday morning and another the same afternoon.
All five suspects are from Ipswich. Some of the men have been arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent, while the others are suspected of grievous bodily harm.
Two of those arrested are aged 24, a further pair are 25 years old, while the fifth man is aged 23.
You may also want to watch:
After being questioned by officers following the assault, which occurred at about 1.30am on Saturday, the men were released on bail pending further inquiries, a Suffolk Constabulary spokeswoman said.
The five men must now return to Ipswich police station at various times during May 29 and 30.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 7 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
The injured man, who is said to be from Kent, was taken to hospital for treatment.
The fight is believed to have broken out in the corridor on the second floor of the hotel, leaving the victim with what were originally described as a swollen face and a cut to his head.
After the fracas, one of the men said to have been involved in the incident was reported to have jumped over a balcony to escape.
He was seen running on to the hotel’s golf course.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said a police dog unit was sent to the scene to track down the man.
It is believed the fight broke out among guests who had been at a wedding and reception, which had taken place at the hotel the previous day.
Anyone with information which could help the police inquiry is asked to telephone 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.