House fire started in bedroom

FIREFIGHTERS were today called to tackle a fire which started in the bedroom of a house near Sudbury.

FIREFIGHTERS were today called to tackle a fire which started in the bedroom of a house near Sudbury.

Two fire crews from the town attended the small fire at a home in Shelley Avenue, Great Cornard.

No one was caught up or injured in the blaze, which broke out at around 2am this morning in a first floor bedroom.

Firefighters used breathing equipment to help locate the fire and had the flames under control by 2.38am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus