Homes left without water after pump failure
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
Homes in Bury St Edmunds and surrounding areas have been left with little or no water this morning after a pump failure.
Anglian Water, which provides the water supply, said the problems may persist until noon.
North and east Bury St Edmunds, Culford Heath, Little Livermere, Ampton, Timworth Green, Moreton and Batties Green are all experiencing issues.
The water company's engineers are working to restore the supply as soon as possible.
When it is restored, the firm warned people their water might appear cloudy or discoloured.
You may also want to watch:
Residents should run their taps for a few minutes, after which any discolouration should clear.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 10 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash