Work starts on Orbit's affordable homes at Marham Park
- Credit: Genesis
Work has started on building 63 affordable homes at the Marham Park site in Bury St Edmunds.
The Orbit Homes scheme, called Wellington Place, will be a mixture of shared ownership and social rent properties.
This is in addition to the 28 affordable homes currently under construction by Orbit in nearby Elmswell.
Ray Winney, construction director for Orbit Homes in the east region, said: “Our priority is to build thriving communities which also meet the housing needs of the local area.”
The properties are expected to be occupied from early 2022, with the project completed in summer 2023.
You may also want to watch:
Early reservations will be available from October this year and show home viewings will take place from January 2022. Social rent properties will be allocated via the local housing authority.
At Orbit’s Spring Grove development in Emswell works have started to deliver 60 new homes; 13 properties will be available through shared ownership, 15 are for affordable rent and 32 are available for open market sale.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
First occupation will also take place early 2022 with show homes launching in January 2022.
To register interest for any of these shared ownership or open market sale properties please email here.