How news savvy have you been this week? Try our quiz to find out
How well have you been keeping up with the region’s news in the last week? Find out with our Suffolk news round-up quiz.
This week it was revealed that couples in Suffolk who have been trying to conceive for three years and have no living children are eligible for two cycles of IVF on the NHS.
However struggling couples in north Essex are not offered any help on the NHS.
The North East Essex Clinical Commissioning Group cut IVF treatment in November 2015 for all couples except those with complex health needs.
We asked people in Ipswich what they thought of the postcode lottery faced by couples who are struggling to conceive.
You may also want to watch:
Ed Barnes, 43, said: “It doesn’t make any sense. Surely everyone should be allowed to have the same amount of attempts as their neighbours in the next county.
“It doesn’t make any sense that someone in Essex should get no opportunity to this so it should be right across the board. It is a shame that they can’t make it a fixed number for the whole of the UK.”
- 1 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
- 8 From favourites to outsiders - odds on Town winning League One drift widely
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
Michelle Morton, 64, said: “I think it should be allowed, you should be able to have it. I know the distress my daughter went through thinking she couldn’t have children and the joy that those children have brought us is immense.
“She had problems and she just couldn’t do it without help, so yes, I do think you should get some help for free. I think there should be restrictions, but I think mainly you should get this.”