Huge blaze in derelict factory
MORE than 50 firefighters were involved in battling a blaze at a former factory early today.The fire at Brett Works in Pound Lane, Hadleigh was reported at just before 2am today.
MORE than 50 firefighters were involved in battling a blaze at a former factory early today.
The fire at Brett Works in Pound Lane, Hadleigh was reported at just before 2am today.
The blaze took hold in the derelict building before spreading to a neighbouring building which was also derelict.
Crews from Ipswich, Hadleigh, Nayland, Sudbury, Long Melford and Felixstowe were sent to the fire.
Although the fire was brought under control by around 4am, three crews are still in attendance damping down the fire and monitoring two canisters.
See this website for more updates later.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 10 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour