Man faces trial over blaze at flats in Eye
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a 28-year-old man from Eye who was charged with arson following a night-time fire in a flat complex in the town is expected to take place in February.
Police received reports of a blaze in flats at Hutton Court at around 1.15am on Monday, August 13 this year.
A police spokesman said no-one was injured in the incident, which caused minor damage to the building.
Matthew Eaves, of Hutton Court, was arrested a short time later on suspicion of arson and was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
No plea was taken from Eaves at a plea and trial preparation hearing at Ipswich Crown Court on Tuesday – and his trial is expected to take place in February next year.
You may also want to watch:
He is charged with arson with intent to endanger life and arson being reckless as to whether life would be endangered.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash