Joy as ice cream van serves up sweet treat at school
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
The sound of an ice cream van is always guaranteed to bring a smile to the face of many children.
But this visit from Mr Frost's to Cedars Park Primary School not only provided a sweet treat, but also helped pupils with maths, science, English and geography.
The children have had 99 things to do for an ice cream-themed project at the Stowmarket school, which has included designing ice cream packaging, writing adverts and plotting van routes.
Will Main, Year 6 teacher at the primary, said: "The children have worked really hard this year and we thought they would really enjoy this project.
“The idea was to do something a bit different, a bit practical and to amalgamate their learning around a theme.
You may also want to watch:
“We have done some maths, the children have designed their own ice cream packages and are creating an inspiring advert about ice cream tomorrow.
“When the ice cream van arrived, the children studied the melting rate of Mr Whippy ice cream and experimented with different insulators to see what materials kept the ice cream cold for the longest time.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 4 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 5 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 6 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 8 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 9 Pedestrian taken to hospital after collision with car
- 10 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
“They have absolutely loved the project. It has been something different and anchors their learning in something practical.
“We have had a lot of group work and collaboration – they have really enjoyed it.
“And of course, they loved it when the ice cream van turned up – the excitement had been building up all week.”