Restaurant raises nearly £3,000 for Suffolk special school
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning restaurant in Mildenhall has raised nearly £3,000 for a Suffolk special school.
More than 100 guests attended a fundraising evening at Spice Lounge, in the town’s High Street, on Monday, January 21, with the money going to the Priory School, in Mount Road, Bury St Edmunds.
Jay Ali, restaurant owner, constructed a menu giving guests a taste of traditional Banglasdeshi cuisine.
Mr Ali said: “The charity fundraising event was a huge success, as well as our loyal local customers, we had people travelling from as far as Ipswich, Norwich and Cambridge to attend and support this wonderful cause.
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who attended, the staff at Priory School for their cooperation and the team at Spice Lounge for all of their hard work to make the night a success.
You may also want to watch:
“We raised £2,815.40 on the night, all of which will be donated to Priory School.”
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth