Festive scenes shared on Instagram this week by photographers around Suffolk
- Credit: LUCY TAYLOR PHOTOGRAPHY
Christmas is in the air - and people have been busy uploading festive photos. Here are some from around the area which have been shared in the last seven days.
The new-look Ipswich Cornhill has been the subject of some great festive shots. Aimee Ashworth took a photo of the illuminated ghost caribou act which entertained Christmas shoppers at the Cornhill.
The caribou in Ipswich town centre also provided a photo theme for another Instagram user, sumitsurai.
This striking image of the white bauble tree on Ipswich Waterfront was shared by agxntphotography.
The white tree also featured in a photo of the University of Suffolk by BK Sylvie, whose choice of hashtags showed her enthusiasm, including #beautiful and #love.
You may also want to watch:
Of course, Christmas shopping is now under way, and Blackthorpe Barn at Rougham posted this photo of shoppers searching through the crafts at one of their festive events.
In Colchester, Ken Durling, who has the Instagram handle durlick, took a picture of late-night shoppers, showing the festive decorations.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 9 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
Jane Patterson took a photo of a group of illuminated Christmas trees in Southwold, commenting: “December is beautiful in town, especially nighttime.”
Seesuffolk posted a shot of the Swan Hotel at Southwold with three Christmas trees outside adding to the seasonal atmosphere.
In Bury St Edmunds, Tudor Rose Flower School posted a picture from their first wreath-making workshop of the season, with a group of students showing off their floral creations.