Instagram star Teddy the Maltese is our pet photo competition winner
- Credit: Archant
He has a wardrobe to make any fashionista green with envy, naps in a Michael Kors handbag and has an Instagram following pushing 28,000.
And now Tthis cute little dog has something else to boast about.
Teddy the Maltese has been named the winner of our 2015 Santa Paws competition.
His owner Kerri Westaway, 42, submitted a last-minute entry to our Christmas pets competition - and Teddy quickly stole the judge’s heart with his full Santa costume and striking pose.
“He is quite happy getting dressed up and he seems to love having his photo taken, he is brilliant,” said the mother-of-five from Claydon, near Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
“I posted this photo of him on Facebook and one of my friends suggested I enter the Santa Paws competition, there was only a day to go before the closing date so I had to do it fairly quickly.”
Teddy is two years old and the Westaway family have had him since he was a mere pup. For the past year and a half they have been sharing his progress with online fans.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 6 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 7 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 8 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 9 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 10 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
Mrs Westaway said: “He has his own Instagram account and has nearly 28,000 followers, so he is doing pretty well. I set it up about 18 months ago because my daughters had one for the cats and they encouraged me to start one for Teddy.
“I take a photo of him everyday and upload it, people just seem to love it. He is really good at having his photo done.”
Mrs Westaway, who works for Marble Works in Ipswich, admits that Teddy has built up a bulging wardrobe of outfits.
“He has about 15 now, I scan through eBay to see what is available and get them from there.”
His outfits include a Christmas onesie, a purple dressing gown, a turkey costume and a fetching blue jumper.
Not one to forget about the accessories, Teddy has even been photographed napping in a must-have Michael Kors handbag.
The family have also taken on Teddy’s younger brother, Beamer, and he features in some of the Instagram photos that they share with followers.
“This week they have a friend staying too who we have included in the photos,” said Mrs Westaway. “Stanley is a cavapoo and he belongs to our friends who have gone off on holiday.”