International Puppet Festival returns to Witham
- Credit: Archant
Puppets invaded Witham town centre as part of its annual International Puppet Festival on Saturday.
Visitors enjoyed an array of puppets and entertainers large and small in Newlands Street and the High Street, as well as at the Newlands and Grove shopping centres.
Dragons were the theme for this year’s show, the 16th held in the town, though classics such as Punch and Judy and Titan the Robot also featured during the day.
Storytelling events and puppet-making workshops were also held at the town library.
Businesses also got involved with dragon-themed displays and a spot the dragon competition for youngsters around the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
Lucy Mitchell, marketing manager at NewRiver Retail, owners of the Newlands Shopping Centre, said: “A huge congratulations once again to all those involved with the Witham International Puppet Festival, as always it was a great success.
“I hope everyone who came to visit the puppets had a fantastic time.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 6 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 7 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village