Ipswich: 16 cases of car vandalism in one night over weekend
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
Sixteen cars were vandalised in one night in Ipswich over the weekend.
Police in Ipswich are appealing for information and witnesses to come forward after the spate of criminal damage to cars in the town.
Sixteen reports of criminal damage were received by police where cars parked in Dereham Ave, Clapgate Lane, Derwent Road, Mersey Road, Landseer Road, Martinet Green, Worcester Road and Benacre Road overnight on Friday, May 16 and Saturday, May 17 had either windows or wing mirrors smashed.
During one attack in the early hours of Saturday in Clapgate Lane, Ipswich a man witnessed two youths on bikes strike the wing mirror of a parked car with what appeared to be a metal object.
One of the youths wore all dark clothing with a hooded top, the second wore dark jogging bottoms and a grey hooded top.
You may also want to watch:
If you have any information in relation to these incidents you are asked to contact Pc Andrew Kirk at Ipswich police quoting crime reference IE/14/1266 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results