Ipswich/America: Country’s former fattest man Paul Mason is proposed to by girlfriend Rebecca Mountain live on US TV
Paul Mason, formerly Britain’s fattest man, is to marry girlfriend Rebecca Mountain.
Mr Mason flew to America with Miss Mountain just before Christmas to discuss possible surgery options for the removal of excess skin with a consultant.
While there the couple appeared on TV show The View where Miss Mountain popped the question.
Mr Mason said yes and has vowed to lose enough weight to enable him to walk down the aisle instead of having to use his wheelchair.
The former postman, who at one stage weighed 70 stone, started dating Miss Mountain in September last year.
She contacted Mr Mason after he was featured in a documentary shown in the US, initially to offer help in finding someone who would remove his excess skin following a gastric bypass.
However love soon blossomed and Miss Mountain even made the trip across the Atlantic to see Mr Mason in November.
You may also want to watch:
The couple have yet to set a date for the wedding.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 8 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer