Seven tips on looking after yourself during the heatwave
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
With temperatures set to rise again in the next few days advice has been issued on how you can stay well during the warm weather.
As the heatwave continues Ipswich and Colchester Hospitals have sent out information on how patients can look after themselves.
So here are seven tips from the hospitals on how to stay well during this spell of hot weather:
·If you need urgent medical care when your GP surgery is closed, call NHS 111 and they will make sure you receive the advice and care you need.
·Keep hydrated – if you’re feeling thirsty, lightheaded, dizzy or tired, you may be dehydrated. Make sure you have plenty of non-alcoholic cold drinks available and drink enough so that your pee is a pale clear colour. You can also get hydration from a variety of foods
You may also want to watch:
·Keep a well-stocked medicine cabinet at home, with medicines such as paracetamol which can treat a number of everyday illnesses
·Take early action – seek advice from your local pharmacy if you have a long term health condition and are starting to feel unwell before it gets more serious. Further advice can be found online.
·Use Emergency Services wisely – please only call 999 when it’s a serious injury or a life threatening situation such as unconsciousness, heavy loss of blood, severe chest pain or stroke.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
·Drink alcohol sensibly – intersperse your alcoholic drinks with water and stick to safe levels.
·Daily/weekly heatwave updates can be found on the Met office website.