Ipswich: Apprentice stars Margaret Mountford and Nick Hewer seen in town filming new show Benefits: How Much is Enough?
- Credit: Archant
Television stars Nick Hewer and Margaret Mountford, of The Apprentice fame, have been spotted in Ipswich town centre filming for their latest show.
The programme has the working title Nick & Margaret – Benefits: How Much Is Enough? – and the stars of the show and camera crew were busy filming for the BBC1 documentary on the Cornhill yesterday.
A BBC spokesman said Ipswich has been chosen as the show’s location. The spokesman added: “In a year that has seen the biggest changes to the welfare state in its 70-year history, Nick Hewer and Margaret Mountford will launch an ambitious experiment to discover how much benefit is enough to live on. In Nick & Margaret – Benefits: How Much Is Enough? four claimants and four taxpayers will come face to face to explore each other’s lives and speak their minds. Their aim: to agree what level of benefit is fair.”
The programme is one of four in a season of programmes announced by the BBC called The Cost of Living.
The programmes will explore the impact of the recession in Britain.
You may also want to watch:
The programme is expected to air this summer.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 8 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam