Ipswich: Armchair sparks house fire
FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a blaze which took hold of an armchair at an Ipswich home.
The fire broke out in an armchair in the living room at the semi-detached house in Stratford Road, off Shakespeare Road at around 6.15pm last night.
Two crews, one from Princes Street and another from headquarters in Colchester Road, were alerted.
The fire brigade received initial reports of smoke billowing from the lounge on the ground floor of the house.
A spokesman for brigade said the fire was discovered in the living room, and an armchair was found to be the cause of the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews had the incident under control by 6.45pm.
See today’s paper for full story.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 5 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 6 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 7 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 8 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester