Ipswich: Birds rescued from burning aviary
PET birds were rescued today after a blaze broke out in an aviary at an Ipswich home.
The fire brigade were called to a property in Robeck Road, off Landseer Road, at about 10.35am.
A crew from Princes Street, another from Ipswich East and one from Felixstowe were sent to the scene.
They discovered the blaze engulfing a shed and aviary.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said all the birds were rescued.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was tackled and the incident was under control by 11.46am.
- Are you the owner of the birds? Thank the fire service by calling the newsdesk on 01473 324788 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 6 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 7 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future