Ipswich Building Society participates in Suffolk Day with countywide celebrations
- Credit: Archant
Celebrate the best of Suffolk with the Ipswich Building Society on Thursday June 21
Ipswich Building Society will celebrate Suffolk Day on June 21, 2018 with a variety of special events and festivities across its branch network.
Suffolk Day, inspired by the 40-year running Yorkshire Day, is an annual event which is led by the East Anglian Daily Times, Ipswich Star, BBC Radio Suffolk and the County Council.
The event has the support of a wide range of Suffolk organisations and encourages people to come together and celebrate the county’s heritage, art, culture and wildlife.
The society is welcoming members and local residents to celebrate the special day at a number of events across its branches:
You may also want to watch:
The newly opened Mutual House branch in Ipswich town centre, in collaboration with the Suffolk Record Office, will display historical artefacts related to the history of Suffolk and the Society’s own history dating back to 1849.
There will also be entertainment from the Children’s Theatre Company, who will perform songs from their forthcoming performance of Les Misérables.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners
The Aldeburgh branch will host a Taste of Suffolk day with locally produced food and drink samples.
While the Hadleigh branch will have cake tins at the ready for a “bake off” competition, open to all to enter and help judge the tastiest cake.
The Halesworth branch will host a guided walk of the Halesworth Town Trail followed by refreshments in the branch.
The Haverhill branch will host a coffee day with tea, coffee and cakes all on offer.
The Saxmundham branch will announce the winner and runners up for its Suffolk Day colouring competition, which has been open to children to enter since the end of May.
The branch will display the colourful entries for visitors with afternoon tea.
The team at Sudbury will be in the Town Hall with games, giveaways and the chance to meet the Society’s mascot, Pound the Hound. Inside its branch on the Market Hill, visitors will be served coffee and cake made with ingredients from local produce.
The Woodbridge branch will also host a Taste of Suffolk event, with delicious treats on offer from local producers.
CEO Richard Norrington said: “We’re looking forward to hosting a range of festivities that will enable us to come together with our local community in celebration of our county on Suffolk Day.
“As a mutual organisation, founded in Ipswich nearly 170 years ago, we have communities at heart and are always seeking opportunities to invest in our heartland area and get involved. Suffolk Day is a great opportunity to do something special and welcome people into our branches.”