‘Can you get me a unicorn pedal boat?’ Weirdest requests from Travelodge guests revealed
- Credit: ANDY ABBOTT/SARAH LUCY BROWN
Hotels in Suffolk and Essex might be accustomed to customers asking for an extra pillow - but some requests have left Travelodge staff in the region a little more perplexed than most.
Across the hotel chain's 34 locations in Suffolk and Essex, staff are usually happy to go the extra mile to make sure their customers are comfortable.
Some requests however are a little more complicated, like one customer in Ipsiwch's Beacon Hill hotel - who asked for a pillow made of chocolate.
The teams receive thousands of strange requests throughout the year across the country - but you can see the 14 strangest, most specific demands customers made below:
- "Can you get me a unicorn pedal boat and arrange for a rainbow to be above the hotel at 4.16pm?"
You may also want to watch:
- "Can you turn my room into a massive gingerbread house for Christmas?"
- "I have a telephone interview today, can you stand in for me and take the interview?"
- 1 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 2 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 3 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 4 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 5 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 8 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Hadleigh dad fights to reverse diabetes diagnosis
- "Can I have a pillow made out of chocolate?"
- "Are there any Romans still living in Colchester?"
- "Can you get me a special appearance on TOWIE?"
- "Can you dress up as the Greatest Showman and be a master of ceremony at my wedding?"
- "Can you arrange for me to woken up by the sound of real nightingales singing outside my room?"
- "Can I have 100 baked beans minus the tomato sauce for breakfast?"
- "Does the Bentley car come from Great Bentley?"
- "Can you arrange for a carriage and six white horses to take me to Chelmsford Races?"
- "Can you come shopping with me at Lakeside and carry my bags and give your opinion on my new summer collection?
- "Can you help me write 1,000 thank you cards to my clients?"
What do Travelodge think of the questions?
Travelodge spokesman Shakila Ahmed said: "Annually we welcome around 19million customers at our 570 hotels which include 34 properties in Essex and Suffolk.
"Our hotel teams receive thousands of interesting requests from business and leisure guests.
"Where possible, our hotel teams will go above and beyond to help customers as they relish a good challenge.
"However there are some requests beyond their control such as getting a raft of ducks to go to sleep, stopping the traffic on the M5, getting the Northern Lights to make an appearance and getting a herd of sheep as a sleep aid."