Ipswich: Container blaze tackled
Fire fighters were called to Lanseer Park in Ipswich to tackle a blaze in a lorry container.
Two fire engines attended the incident shortly after 9pm this evening.
On arrival crews found that one 40ft container, which stocked furniture and a 45 gallon oil drum, was well alight.
Crews used one hose reel jet and one covering jet to tackle the blaze which was extinguished at 10.04pm.
Watch manager Simon Bevan said: “When we arrived we had a well-developed fire in a container near a BMX track.
You may also want to watch:
“Once we gained access to the container our crews wore two sets of breathing apparatus to tackle the blaze.
“Had the oil drum caught fire then this could have been a major incident but fortunately we got the blaze under control.”
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 3 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 8 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 9 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 10 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
The fire is being treated as suspicious and an investigation will be carried out to determine its cause.