Ipswich: Crews tackle tumble drier fire

FIREFIGHTERS have tackled a house fire triggered by a tumble drier.

Two crews from Princes Street Fire Station were sent to a property on Moffat Avenue in Ipswich.

The fire had started in tumble drier in a shed and had spread to the terraced house.

A Suffolk County fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “The fire spread into the ground floor of the property and crews used a hose reel and two breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire. Crews had the incident under control by 1.54pm and returned to base at 2.36pm.”

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter