Man caught with 400-plus indecent images of children on iPhone
- Credit: ARCHANT
A Suffolk man who had more than 400 indecent images of children on his mobile phone has been given a suspended prison sentence.
Police officers seized an iPhone from 27-year-old Ryan Ellis and when it was analysed it was found to contain 144 images in the most serious level A category, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
The device also contained 146 level B images and 132 images in the lowest level C category, said Michael Crimp, prosecuting.
Ellis, of Bildeston Road, Hitcham, admitted three offences of making indecent images of children and was given a 14-month prison sentence suspended for two years.
He was also ordered to do 150 hours unpaid work in the community and was given a 60 day rehabilitation order.
You may also want to watch:
He was also made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order and ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register.
Isobel Ascherson, for Ellis, said her client had sought help for his offending behaviour from the Lucy Faithfull Foundation and would contact the organisation again after he was sentenced.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 6 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 7 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 8 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 9 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 10 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people