Ipswich: Cyclist who died after crash in Copdock named as 69-year-old Colin Crowther
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Police last night named a male cyclist who died following a crash in Copdock on Thursday.
Colin Crowther, 69, was involved in a collision with a blue Citroen CV at around 2.30pm on the southbound carriageway of Old London Road near the Cameo Hotel.
Mr Crowther, of Ipswich, was treated at the scene by paramedics before being taken to Ipswich Hospital.
However he died later that evening, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said last night.
She said the force will now carry out a full collision investigation. They are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Call police on 101.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers