Ipswich: Detailed proposals for the northern fringe
In all options the country park would be at the north of the site, creating a buffer between the town and Westerfield village – on land which would be difficult to develop.
The three options place the high school in different locations.
One has the school near the junction of Henley Road and Valley Road, behind Valley Close on what is currently the Ipswich School playing fields.
One has the high school on Henley Road opposite the junction with Defoe Road, and one has the school just behind Westerfield railway station.
All the options propose building a new bridge over the railway line between Henley and Westerfield Roads. There would be access points from the development to Henley, Westerfield, and Tuddenham Roads.
You may also want to watch:
While there would be 3,500 homes across the whole site, about 1,000 to 1,500 would be built by 2021.
If the options report is accepted by the executive, the public will be able to inspect it and make comments over the next two weeks.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 7 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 8 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
The documents, prepared by consultants David Lock Associates, are available on the borough council website.
Once the option has been chosen in May there will be further consultations, and the final masterplan is due to be approved towards the end of next year.
What is your view on these proposals? Write to Your letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org