Untaxed car with no insurance seized on A12
- Credit: Archant
Motorists have been urged to check their monthly payments are coming out of their bank accounts after a car was seized for not having tax or insurance.
Ipswich East safer neighbourhood team (SNT) Tweeted that it had stopped the black Vauxhall Corsa on the A12 at Woodbridge at about 9am on Wednesday, November 28.
After the incident, officers Tweeted a picture of the vehicle and wrote: “Seen driving on #A12 this morning.
“No insurance and no tax. Make sure you keep up with monthly insurance payments. Check the money is coming out your bank #besure #sec165 #seized.”
A day earlier, the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team seized a silver car in Woodbridge which had no insurance and an expired MOT.
You may also want to watch:
Under Section 165 of the Road Traffic Act, police have the power to seize any vehicle that is being driven without a valid insurance policy or where the driver does not hold a valid driving licence.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 8 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 9 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 10 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices