Ipswich: First set of results promising at Suffolk One
IT WAS smiles all round as the first batch of students at Suffolk One received their results.
The youngsters were the first hoard to receive their A-level results from the sixth form centre, which first opened its doors in September 2010.
In total, 309 students sat the exams, with 73per cent achieving A* to C grades and 98pc receiving A* to Es.
Among them were Nathan Smith, who received an inspirational five A* grades in biology, chemistry, maths, physics and an extended project. He is now heading off to Churchill College at Cambridge to study natural sciences.
Jake Aylmer walked away from Suffolk One with four A* grades under his belt, having studied chemistry, maths, further maths and physics. He is preparing to head to Oriel College in Oxford to study chemistry.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Rowanne Willett received the necessary qualifications to secure a place studying music at Murray Edwards College in Cambridge.
Principal Alan Whittaker said: “The news was overwhelmingly positive.”
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 9 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 10 Audi and Jaguar crash into central reservation on A12 at Copdock