Ipswich: Four arrests follow attack on shop keeper
Police are today questioning four men following an attack on a shop keeper in Ipswich.
The 33-year-old man is recovering at home after being treated at Ipswich Hospital for a small puncture wound to his left forearm.
Police said he was attacked by three men at a shop in Benezet Street, at around 4.40pm yesterday.
A vehicle was later stopped by police in Victoria Street, Ipswich, at around 8.30pm. The occupants, a 29-year-old Ipswich man and a 26-year-old man from Hull were both arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
Officers this morning exercised three warrants - two in London Road and one in Surrey Road, Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
A 19-year-old Ipswich man was arrested at 5.49am this morning at the Surrey Road address on suspicion of the Benezet Street GBH and an 18-year-old Ipswich man was arrested at 6.11am this morning at one of the London Road addresses in connection with the same incident.
All the men are currently awaiting questioning at Ipswich police station
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 8 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 9 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 10 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
A 22-year-old man was also arrested at 6.05am this morning at one of the London Road addresses on suspicion of an unrelated GBH in the early hours of New Years day at an address in Surrey Road, Ipswich, where a 37-year-old man sustained an injury to his forehead.
He is currently in custody at Ipswich police station awaiting questioning.